The best play equipment for small gardens include the following:
- Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Rapid Ride & Hide Edition
- Gorilla Playsets 01-1064-Y Outing Wood Swing Set
- S&S Worldwide Figure 8 Balance Beam Set
- Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide
- Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
- Little Tikes Activity Garden Playhouse for Babies, Infants, and Toddlers
Are you looking for just the right playground set for a small area and just can’t find the right one? If you have no experience buying play equipment then this review will help.
We will highlight each product’s key features, pros, and cons to help you choose one that best suits your budget and your kid’s interests. We will also give you a buyers’ guide so you don’t end up choosing a product that your kid won’t like after all.
In a hurry?
If you don’t have much time please check the table below for quick access to our favorites. Detailed guide below.
- How to Choose the Best Play Equipment for Small Garden
- 6 Best Play Equipment for a Small Garden
- 1. Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Rapid Ride & Hide Edition
- 2. Gorilla Playsets 01-1064-Y Outing Wood Swing Set
- 3. S&S Worldwide Figure 8 Balance Beam Set
- 4. Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide
- 5. Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
- 6. Little Tikes Activity Garden Playhouse for Babies, Infants, and Toddlers
How to Choose the Best Play Equipment for Small Garden
When choosing the best play equipment for your small garden, you will need to consider the following factors:
While all of these products are suitable for small gardens, some are more compact than others. So you will need to know how much room you have before buying anything.
If your garden is small, it’s best not to go for larger items because they will simply take up too much space and won’t be as effective at entertaining children.
These products come with multiple safety features, so you don’t have to worry about any accidents happening when children use them.
But make sure you check what type of materials were used in their construction if that matters to you (some parents prefer metal over plastic).
Safety should always be your number one priority when buying something for your children, so take the time to consider this aspect before purchasing any item.
You need to understand what your kid would love to play with. Different children have different interests, so you’ll need to know what your kid likes before buying anything for them.
This way, they will be much more likely to use it instead of leaving it in the corner because they’re not interested.
Some products don’t require any tools, but others do. So you need to know beforehand whether or not your product will come with all the necessary equipment, otherwise assembling it yourself could be a big problem for some people.
All of these products are designed to last for years, so there’s no real need to worry about replacing any of their parts unless they become damaged during normal use (in which case you should contact the manufacturers).
But always consider this factor before buying anything because having spare pieces on hand is more convenient than waiting until an accident and then finding replacements afterward.
You may also want to look into getting warranty plans just in case your purchase doesn’t work out as expected. This is because you may have to return the product for replacement parts or a refund, so having warranty plans will make this process much less painful and easier overall.
You don’t want to buy something that will break after a few weeks, so you need to make sure your product is made from high-quality materials.
But this doesn’t mean it should be too expensive either because many of these items come at very affordable price tags.
6 Best Play Equipment for a Small Garden
1. Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Rapid Ride & Hide Edition
The Step2 Up & Down Roller Coaster Rapid Ride & Hide Edition is a great toy for children with a steady hand.
The coaster car has two steps on either side, non-slip to avoid any accidents during playtime as they access the roller coaster.
The coaster car comes with a high back, handrail, and footrest for comfort.
The Step Two Coaster can be adjusted to three different heights depending on your child's size. This means the coaster car is suitable from around six months of age until they are about five years old.
The product also comes in colorful designs. This is great for encouraging children to get outside and play. The toy can also be easily disassembled into smaller pieces making it easier to store away when not in use.
- Designed for rapid hides and fun rides
- It easily comes apart and becomes compact for easier storage
- It comes in colorful designs
- Has two non-slip steps on either
- The coaster car features a handrail, footrest, and a high back
- Made from durable PVC materials
- It easily comes apart for storage
- It comes with a comfortable coaster car
- Colorful designs
- Made from durable PVC material
- Relatively more expensive than most products on this list
2. Gorilla Playsets 01-1064-Y Outing Wood Swing Set
This is another great playset for children.
The Gorilla Playsets 01-106Y Outing Wood Swing Set comes with a trapeze bar, rock wall, and alpine wave slide, as well as a sandbox, telescope, steering wheel, and more.
This product also has a heavy-duty canopy that protects against UV rays to keep your child safe from overexposure to the sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.
This is especially useful if you live in an area with high levels of exposure due to sunlight throughout most of the year.
The swing set can be easily put together without any tools, so it takes away all hassle normally associated with putting things together yourself! It could even make a fun activity for both adults and kids alike.
- It comes ready to assemble
- It comes in a charming compact design that fits in any yard
- Separate accessories include a trapeze bar with rings
- It comes with an alpine wave slide and rock wall that has climbing ropes
- Has a safe climbing ladder
- It has a built-in sandbox, a steering wheel, and a telescope
- Heavy-duty vinyl canopy for protection against UV
- It comes with an assembly manual
- Ready to assemble
- Heavy-duty canopy for high levels of protection against UV rays
- Separate accessories include a rock wall, a trapeze bar with rings, and more.
- Offers different games for the most fun
- Easy to disassemble and move
- Quite pricey especially compared to the rest on this list.
3. S&S Worldwide Figure 8 Balance Beam Set
Your kid will have lots of fun while honing their balance skills with S&S Worldwide Figure 8 Balance Beam Set.
It comes with a total of 26 curved and straight sections that can be easily locked together.
The product is suited for children who weigh up to 110 pounds, ideal for older kids, even teenagers.
The Figure Eight Balance Beam Set has many different games, such as balancing on the beams or having races with their friends.
You could also use this set outside during inclement weather to keep your child busy while you are inside cooking dinner. It could make an excellent gift for any kid in your life because it will provide them hours upon hours of fun time entertainment.
- It comes with several colorful sections that easily lock together
- Can support up to 110 pounds
- It has eight straight sections, one "X" section, and eighteen curved sections
- Easy to disassemble for storage
- Features a four-and-half-inch balance base
- It has a two-inch-wide textured top surface
- Made from quality polyethylene
- Comes with many colorful sections that lock together seamlessly
- It can support up to 110 pounds which makes it perfect for older children too
- Has a four-and-half inch balance base to keep your child safe while they are playing
- Features an easy to disassemble design for storage convenience
- Great for teaching balance
4. Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber and Slide
Step2 85314 Game Time Sports Climber is designed for multi-child social play and has many possibilities for fun.
Keep track of the game with easy-clickable knobs on the side and a built-in basket and basketball for added fun.
You can play kickball or soccer in the crawlspace beneath the platform, serving as a soccer goal.
There's also a pink and blue plastic slide for littler kids (up to 4 years old), which they can climb up onto using the ladder and molded-in grips on either side before sliding down again to repeat the process.
The product also features a toss-through wall and a climbing ladder so your child will be able to have an adventure every time they play.
This climber is also easy to clean and designed for unmatched durability and strength, making it ideal for children up to 60 pounds in weight.
- Has a built-in scorekeeper
- Features a slide, a basketball hoop, climbing ladder, soccer goals, and a toss-through wall
- Unmatched durability and strength
- Easy to assemble, easy to clean
- Supports up to 60 pounds
- Fairly priced for the fun it offers
- Easy to clean
- Offers multiple games to keep children busy
- Comes with a built-in scorekeeper so you can play games together
- Molded-in grips on either side of the slide for kids to hold onto as they climb up or go down
- Easy assembly process that takes less than an hour to complete.
- It does not come with stakes to secure it into place.
5. Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
The Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table is a great way to keep your kids entertained in the backyard. It's designed with three different sections that create a mini water park for fun.
The first section is the basin where you fill up with water, which can hold up to five gallons of it, so there's no need to constantly refill when playing.
The second part has multiple spinning disks and buckets activated by drops of water falling onto them from above.
Finally, there are ramps built into both sides of this section, so when they get wet, they quickly slide down without getting stuck or leaving children hanging on one side until help arrives.
There's also an overhead rainfall effect made out of durable plastic material accompanied by realistic rainfall sounds whenever children play with this product (and even when they don't).
The large open design of this product allows multiple children to play at once, making it perfect for birthday parties or backyard barbecues. It's also easy to clean up and includes a drain plug that drains the water overnight so you can use it again another day with no issues.
- Creates a mini water park for fun in the backyard
- Comes with maze-like spinners, buckets, and ramps activated by water falling on the water table pond
- It has a rainfall shower effect with real rainfall sounds
- The basin can hold up to five gallons of water
- Large open design for multiple kids to have fun
- It can hold up to five gallons of water in its basin
- It comes with maze-like spinners, buckets, and ramps
- Large open design for multiple kids to have
- Fairly priced
- Great for exercising social skills
- Unmatched durability and strength
- Not suitable for colder days
6. Little Tikes Activity Garden Playhouse for Babies, Infants, and Toddlers
Little Tikes Activity Garden Playhouse is a great way to keep your baby or toddler busy.
It's designed with lots of different activities that will stimulate their senses and allow them plenty of fun moments as they grow up.
The first activity is a spinning gear wheel where children can put the beads inside and turn them around for some added sensory playtime.
There are also two mirror panels so kids can see themselves whenever they stand in front of one, which always brings out the giggles from any child who sees what looks like another kid standing next to them.
There's also a window at the top that closes and opens easily, making this product great for playing peek-a-boo; you could even stick your face into it if you wanted to tease your child.
Finally, there's a tap-a-tune piano that lets kids play music whenever they want to create their own songs or just listen to some tunes for fun.
- Designed for multifunctional activity
- Comes with removal take-along play panels
- Features spinning gears, bead tumbler, and mirrors
- The window closes and opens easily for the game of peek-a-boo
- Features a mailbox so your kid can pretend to be receiving mails
- Comes with a tap-a-tune piano
- It comes with removable take along with panels
- Features spinning gears and mirrors
- Great way to stimulate senses in infants and toddlers
- Very affordable price tag
- Has a multifunctional activity design
- Music sometimes gets stuck when played too fast.
The products reviewed on this buyer’s guide were chosen based on their popularity and their overall performance. So they’re all safe, durable, and entertaining for kids of all ages.
The tips provided here should help you get an idea of what to look for before making your purchase. Choose one that best fits your kid’s needs and your budget. There really are a lot of benefits to playsets.
Please be careful and use at your own risk
None of the authors, contributors, administrators, or anyone else connected with BestPlaygroundSets, in any way whatsoever, can be responsible for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.